The first step in creating the life you want is to imagine the life you want. You can’t create something if you don’t know what it looks like. This isn’t pseudo-science or magic; it is common sense. If you start a journey without a plan you’ll end up somewhere you didn’t expect.
The more detail you can see in your minds eye, the better your chance of creating exactly what you want.
So imagine your perfect life and write it down:
- Your relationships – What kind of people do you want in your life? What kind of people don’t you want in your life?
- How do you want to be, think, and feel? Strong? Confident? Happy? Present? Calm? Peaceful? Smart? Social? Funny?
- What do you want to build? A career? A business? A work of art? An invention? An organization? A charity? Imagine it in every detail
- What will you need to accomplish your goals? What kind of people? Financial resources? Imagine it all in place working to meet your goal
- Where do you want to be? Somewhere warm? The mountains? An island? A faraway country? A hobby farm? Imagine your environment.
If you do this, you’ll have done more than most people will ever do in a lifetime. Few people have even taken the time to imagine what it is that they want from life. Most people just go along with whatever is in front of them now. They live other people’s plans and dreams.
This act of imagining and creating your life is what you were meant to do. Don’t make yourself do it. Let yourself do it. It is you true nature. Somewhere along the line at home or in school or somewhere else we were were taught to block this part of ourselves. Remove the block and let your true self shine.
You are the creator of your life!